Congratulations on booking your trip to Panaitan! Below we have created a suggested list of what to bring for both in and out of the water. Keep in mind that packing light is recommended, as you will mostly be living in board shorts!
Before you Travel
Surfing can be a dangerous sport. We wish our guests have a safe and incident free trip but accidents do happen. Travel insurance is mandatory for all guests visiting the Panaitan.
Traveling can be stressful on your mind, body, and immune system. You don’t want to arrive in paradise with the waves pumping, and you are sidelined from illness! Below are some tips and recommendations to help keep you healthy during your travels.
- Begin boosting your immune system 7 days before you travel.
- Bring and take a vitamin supplement during your travels: “Emergen-C” and “Airborn” are two great products that travel well and can be easily taken throughout your trip.
- Drink plenty of water, dehydration is very common when flying.
- Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands regularly during travel.
Be ready to paddle!, you’re not going to want to miss a set. We highly recommend arriving in good “surf shape”.
First Aid Supplies
- Cuts and scrapes on the reef are very common. We provide basic care for these injuries, including band aids, alcohol, antibiotic ointment, and some over the counter pain/anti-inflammatory medications. If there is anything that you specifically like or that works great for you, please bring it..
What to bring
Out of the Water
- Copy of passport
- Airline tickets
- Copy of Airline tickets
- Visa (if needed)
- Copy of Visa
- Itinerary/Hotel/Other Travel information
- Copy of travel insurance
- Copy of emergency contacts (name, email, and phone numbers)
- Some of Rupiah on pocket – no ATM on the island)
- Credit cards, driver’s license, and any other documentation you’re traveling with
*When traveling do not keep your original documents in the same bag as the copies!
Clothing & Supplies
- 8 GB USB drive (for pictures)
- Solar Resin
- T-Shirts (4-5)
- Tank top/Singlet (1-3)
- Thin Long sleeve shirt
- Board shorts (2-4)
- Shorts (1-2)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- After sun lotion/moisturizer
- 220v Adapter
- Thin long pants (optional)
- Medicine (antacids, eye drops, Neosporin, etc.)
- Ibuprofen (great for sun burns, injuries, and hangovers)
- Sea sickness pills (optional)
- Prescription medicine (optional)
- Shoes (optional)
- Rain jacket (optional)
- MP3 Player/iPod (optional)
- Tablet/iPad (optional)
- Laptop (optional)
- Chargers for electronics (optional)
- Nail clippers (optional)
In the Water
- Surfboards (2-3)*
- Fin sets (4-6)
- Big wave leash (1-3)
- Medium wave leash (2-3)
- Leash rope (2-3 extra)
- Rash guard/Surf Shirt (2-3)
- Reef booties
- Wax (4-5)
- Fin key (1-2)
- Wax comb (optional)
- Snorkeling gear (optional)
- Surf hat (optional)
- Spear fishing gear (optional)
- Helmet (optional)
Quads, twins, thrusters… round-tail, squash, swallow-tail… When choosing the right boards for your trip, basically think about what you are comfortable riding. If you think you want to go big, bring a step-up for that firing session! You know what kind of surfer you are and what works for you. Pack what you like and get ready for the best surf trip of your life!
Panaitan Ecosurf gives you the possibility to experience your own extraordinary surf vacation!
* Adventure Surf
* Impressive landscapes
* Unique Flora and Fauna
* Archeology & History
* Authentic Culture and People
* Scientific and Local Expertise from Experts
* Great Food, Accommodation, Fun and Company
* Well-balanced levels of Surf, Hiking and Relaxing
The Green House